Thursday, June 25, 2009

My favorite special dish

My favorite special dish is fried rice with prawns and squid. Before cooking I need to prepare ginger, salt, pepper, soy sauce, oyster sauce, olive oil, prawns, squid, peas, carrot cut to small pieces.

Firstly I will mix the soy sauce, oyster sauce , sugar, and Chinese rice wine in a bowl.

Heat a pot of water till boiling over a high heat, add the squid for 10 minutes. Put it into a big bowl, let it dry and reserve. Then add fresh cut carrot pieces to the boiling water for 5 minutes, then put it together with cooked squid.

Heat a big frying pan with the olive oil till hot, add the onion,pepper and ginger then stir fry for 30 seconds, then put the prawns into the pan, stir them. Then pour the mixed soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, and Chinese rice wine into the pan, meantime add the fresh peas, cooked carrots, reserved squid and cooked rice to the pan. Stir fry them altogether for a couple of minutes till the sauce totally mixed with the rice peas prawns and squids.

This dish is easy to prepare and cook which costs me only 30 minutes, and then I can eat it as dinner by the next two days. It’s special for me, because I learned it from my mother. When I went to the high school, all the students took the homemade lunch to school, because there was no cafeteria or canteen in high school. My mother always cooked the fried rice with prawns, eggs and peas for my lunch. It's not only a special dish but also a special memory for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment