Friday, June 26, 2009

My first Holiday in Sydney

The first Sunday I’ve been here in Sydney was really excited. I have been up north Sydney with my mother, my sister and my nephew. First we headed down to the city with the train then walked along the street to the crowded wharf. We took the ferry to the Mainly where I had never been before. On the big ferry I saw the Sydney Bridge and Sydney Opera House in front of me, so near and so dear, eclipse all the images I saw in the postcard or TV commercials.

There is a carousel outside the Mainly wharf. It is the children’s most lovable game which immediately attracted the attention of my 6-year-old nephew. He soon climbed up the horse and rotated with it. Then we did a lot of walking around the beach and on the way back we stopped in a restaurant for grabing some seafood beside the beach. We enjoyed the sunshine and the seafood. By eating we watched a lot of young people surfing in the waves and the children building their sand castles.

It was very nice just being out in the sun, and smelling the fresh air from the deep blue ocean. That is the true smell of the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment